After 1000 years of cautious relations, the kingdom of Rune-Midgarts and the Schwarzwald Republic signed a mighty friendship treaty. Noticing the weakening of the castles, the monster armies marched and took control of the castles in all major towns, causing a real threat to the Kingdom.
"The castles and the treasures on them are properties for those who deserve them. And whoever control the castles with the legendary Emperium stone, will be considered the kingdom Knights of honor." - King Tristan Gaebolg III
With these words the kingdom entered a new era of war...The War of Emperium.
Will the land be saved? Or will it be ruined by norman greed?
War of Emperium I
In Ragnarok Online, there are 4 realms with 5 castles in each realm for a total of 20 castles open for conquest. To take over a castle, guilds must take down the Emperium located in each castle's unique Emperium room. Once conquered, the guild must defend the castle from other guilds for the duration of the WoE period in order to keep the castle.
As WoE is a weekly event, each guild can only keep a castle for about a week and must work to retake the castle in the next WoE if they wish to keep it for another week.
|Valkyrie||North of Prontera|
|Baldr (Greenwood Lake)||West of Payon||Bright Arbor|
|Bamboo Grove Hill|
|Britoniah||Southwest of Geffen|
|Luina||West of Aldebaran||Neuschwanstein|
War of Emperium II
The second edition of the War of Emperium system involves the addition of two new castle groups: one adjacent to Juno and another near Rael. The Schwarzwald castles are designed to mimic the styles of Lighthalzen and Juno, and the Arunafeltz castles are designed to mimic the various areas on the Arunafeltz region.
This new version of WoE places much more emphasis on defensive battle tactics, and is very different from the first version. The highlight of the new system are the new maps, which unlike the old system, does away with warp portals and precasting entirely, and has the entire fort as one section. New options have been given to defenders to allow them to have an easier time to defend a castle of this style.
Unlike the first WoE which activates on a weekly basis, WoE2 is only enabled at certain periods of time.
|Nidhoggr||West of Juno||Himinn|
|Valfreyja||South of Rael||Mardol|
Castle Treasure Drops
Castles captured by guilds participating in the War of Emperium and War of Emperium 2 spawn treasure boxes each day at a set time. The boxes spawn in a special room only accessible by the guild leader through the castle NPC. Castles in each original WoE realm have one common Treasure Box and their own individual box. Dr. Jonesy in Prontera (152, 285) will trade 150 Witch Starsands for 1 Treasure Box.
Guild dungeons are special dungeons that come with winning a WoE castle. Each realm has 3 dungeons that can be accessed via an NPC in each castle.
- Guild Dungeon 1
- Guild Dungeon 2
- Hall of Abyss
Guild Dungeon 1 and 2 are considered PVM environments, but Hall of Abyss is a PVP environment in which death will still cause experience loss like normal dungeons. All castles within a single realm share the same dungeon, which means players of opposing guilds can encounter each other through the dungeon. Only Guild Dungeon 1 is available by default while Guild Dungeon 2 and Hall of Abyss are available only when certain conditions are met:
- Guild Dungeon 1 can be accessed at any time by the guild owning the castle.
- Guild Dungeon 2 can be accessed only after the investment period ends.
- If the realm only received 50 million Zeny in investments, GD2 is accessible to castle owners from within their castle.
- If the realm received 70 million Zeny or more in investments, GD2 is accessible to anyone via the realm map itself.
- Hall of Abyss can only be accessed by castle owners after the investment period ends with 70 million Zeny or more invested into the realm.
- All 3 can be accessed by the castle owner in the castle.
War of Emperium: Training Edition
War of Emperium: Training Edition was conceived in an effort to bring back pre-Renewal WoE in the Renewal era, since many players long for the pre-Renewal days of WoE. As such, 3rd Classes, Kagerou, Oboro, and Rebel classes are restricted from WoE:TE. In addition, certain skills, consumables, and equipment either have no effect or are disabled in WoE:TE.
WoE:TE recreates all 5 of the Valkyrie and Luina realm castles as Gloria and Kafragarten. The entrance of WoE TE castle realms are located in Valkyrie (prt_guild 120/153) and Luina (alde_gld 225/188)
Like WoE and WoE2, WoE TE is a scheduled server-activated event enabled during certain periods of time.
|Gloria||North of Prontera||Gaebolg|
|Kafragarten||West of Aldebaran||Leilah|
- Patch (2017 Sept. 13)
- Skill damage does not affect WoE Emperiums anymore.
- Patch (2017 Aug. 16)
- The list of items that drop from WoE boxes will change.
- Patch (2014 Sept. 16)
- Added quest for the sacred treasures for WoE:TE.
- WoE Update (2012 Apr. 25)
- Applied War of Emperium: Training Edition update.
- Valkyrie, Baldr, Britoniah, and Luina castles reduced from 5 to 4 per realm.
- Patch (2011 Jun. 29)
- Implemented Investment system.
- WoE Update (2007 Nov. 21)
- Implemented War of Emperium: Second Edition.
- Patch (2004 Apr. 27)
- Using /noctrl during WoE will not allow automatic attacks.
- Patch (2003 Apr. 12)
- Implemented War of Emperium.