|Level 75 - 130|
The looming Thanatos Tower.
|Location|| West of Hugel|
Northeast of Juno
|Technical Name(s)||tha_scene01, tha_t01, tha_t02, tha_t03, tha_t04, tha_t05, tha_t06, tha_t07, tha_t08, tha_t09, tha_t10, tha_t11, tha_t12, thana_step, thana_boss|
Thanatos Tower is a giant structure located near the small town of Hugel.
Aside from scarce historical documentation and spoken legends, very little is known about Thanatos Tower's origin. The most widely accepted theory is that the tower was built to honor the legendary magic wielding swordsman Thanatos' victory over Demon King Surt, an ancient jotunn that devastated the Norman world during the Thousand-Year War. According to the legends, Thanatos battled Surt for 10 days and nights before he sealed it in the southern Rune-Midgarts desert.
Thanatos Tower is an awe-inspiring sight today, but it was crumbling ruins when it was rediscovered by the Rekenber Corporation. Interested in extracting its secrets, Rekenber Corporation planned to reconstruct all thirteen of the tower's floors and conduct excavations that will continue the artifact research started by the great Sage Varmundt.
So far, they have restored the tower's lowest floors and had opened them to the public, charging admission to tourists to fund their continuing renovation efforts.
But one day, a strange flash of lightning, bright enough to be seen in Einbroch, recently struck the top of Thanatos Tower. There are differing accounts of what had happened, but the disaster left only a few survivors, all claiming that Demons or Angels attacked them. Despite this tragedy, the Rekenber Corporation refuses to give up and doggedly pursues its goals...
Sourced from kRO Dungeon Maps
- Patch (2016 Aug. 31)
- [Thanatos Tower] top floor entry method is added. Characters who have joined the Paradise Group can enter through the crack on the 6th floor of [Thanatos Tower].
- Patch (2016 Jan. 20)
- To obtain the [Red Key] inside [Thanatos Tower], you now need a Lv.3 weapon instead of a Lv.4 weapon.
- Patch (2012 Apr. 03)
- Removed the restriction that requires that a certain amount of players must be in the party when moving from the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor of [Thanatos Tower].
- Renewal Update (2009 Jun. 17)
- Thanatos Tower was modified to a 75 - 130 zone to fit with the new level cap of 150. This area was originally a level 60 - 95 zone.
- Patch (2007 Jan. 03)
- Newly added background music for some floors of Thanatos Tower (3rd to 12th floors), Abyss Field, and Odin's Shrine.
- Episode 10.3 (2005 Oct. 06)
- Added Thanatos Tower and Abyss Lake.