Storage is the name of the personal item banking system in Ragnarok Online and Ragnarok Online II. To access your personal Storage, you must speak to a Storage-managing NPC such as a Kafra Lady, a Zonda Agent, and a Cat Hand Agent; a few Storage-managing NPCs are simply chests. Unlike bank systems in other MMORPGs in which you must visit a major city to access your storage, Storage-managing NPCs are stationed in nearly every town and city for utmost convenience. A few cities and towns have multiple Storage-managing NPCs stationed within for even quicker access.
In RO, players must have Basic Skill Level 6 in order to be able to access their Storage. After obtaining Basic Skill Level 6, a fee of Zeny (Malangdo SP Cans for Cat Hand Agents) must be paid to the Storage-managing NPC to open up the storage. New characters can receive a Free Ticket for Kafra Storage, which bypasses the storage fee with each use. Storage is shared amongst characters on the same game account and has a maximum of 300 slots of space.
The Renewal Update to RO brought along many changes to the Storage. The most noticeable change to storage is the introduction of more tabs, allowing players to sort their items according to consumables, Kafra Shop items, armor, weapons (arms), ammunition (ammo), cards, and miscellaneous. In addition, storage was doubled to 600 slots and players can now utilize a search feature to look for certain items in their storage. There is also a sorting feature that sorts items in ALL tabs in alphabetical order.
Ragnarok Online II
The personal Storage in RO2 is currently accessible from only Kafra Corp. employees located in every town and city. Unlike RO, the personal Storage in RO2 is character-bound, meaning each character on the same account has its own storage space that is not shared with other characters on the same account. (An RO-like account-wide storage system was implemented, but was later removed.) There is no fee to open personal Storages on RO2.
Originally, players were able to expand their Storage by adding bags to the chest tabs in the window, similar to that of World of Warcraft. However, this was eventually modified to rely on storage expansion items that must be bought from the Kafra Shop, much to the dismay of many RO2 players.
- Patch (2017 Sept. 13)
- A new tab for costume/shadow equipment is added to Storage.
- Patch (2015 Mar. 11)
- Chat, Inventory and Storage can now be scrolled using the Page Down and Page Up keys.
- Patch (2012 Mar. 28)
- Added item move function where pressing 'Alt + Right-Click' on the desired item will move the item between inventory, storage, cart, trade, or vend creation windows.
- Renewal Update (2009 Jun. 17)
- Added additional Storage tabs for sorting.
- Patch (2004 Sept. 21)
- The number of items that can be stored in Kafra storage increases from 100 to 300.
- Patch (2004 Feb. 24)
- Storage is now separated into tabs to make it easier to find items in the Kafra storage. Consumables/equipment/other items and such are now sorted, making it more convenient to use storage.
Ragnarok Online II