Base Stats VS Total Stats
- Base stats mean the stats alone without the bonus part (which is indicated by +X part in your status window). Total stats include both base and any bonus stats you may have.
- Be warned any investment in stats cannot be reversed except through stat reset NPC (very rare that this NPC is put in the game, so don't hope for one), or by rebirthing to prepare for transcendence classes.
- Before level 100, Going from level x to x+1 gives floor(x/5)+3 stat points. (ex. from level 94 to 95 is floor(94/5)+3=21 status points gained)
- Going from level 1 to 99 gives a total of 1225 stat points.
- Stats increased during character creation are worth another 48 points, for a total of 1273 stat points.
- After level 100, Going from level x to x+1 gives floor(x/10)+13 stat points. (ex. from level 141 to 142 is floor(141/10)+13=27 status points gained)
- Going from 1 to 150 gives a total of 2497 Stat Points.
- A newly rebirthed (or transcended) Novice has 100 stat points to invest at level 1, unlike normal Novices who has only 48 points to invest in stats. Other than this difference, stat points gathered as rebirthed classes are same as their non-rebirthed counterpart.
- A rebirthed 150 will get a grand total of 2597 Stat Points, while a non-rebirthed will get 2545 stat points.
Strength: This stat directly increases your physical damage, allowing you to deal damage even if you don't equip any weapons if you invest a sufficient amount of STR.
When using Axes, Barehands, Books, Daggers, Katars, Knuckles, Maces or Spears, every 1 STR provides:
- Weapon ATK +0.5% (on base weapon damage only, and this bonus is forced neutral)
- Status ATK +1
When using Guns, Instruments, Whips, and Bows, every 5 STR provides:
- Status ATK +1
Every 1 STR provides:
- Weight Limit +30
- Decreases Vacuum Extreme duration by 0.04s.
- Weight Limit (base stat only)
Agility: Increases your attack speed and chance of dodging.
Every 1 AGI provides:
- Flee +1
- Increases Attack Speed
- Every 5 AGI: Status defense +1
The actual ASPD calculation depends on AGI, DEX, ASPD potions and skills, the type of weapon you are using, and your job. It can take between 1 and 20 AGI to increase ASPD by 1. More details can be found in the entry for ASPD discussion.
- Does not affect Cast Time or Cast Delay
- Does not affect Movement Speed
Vitality: This stat determines how much damage you can take in battle. Each point of VIT provides the following:
- Maximum HP +1%
- Every 2 VIT: Status DEF +1
- Every 5 VIT: Status MDEF +1 (?)
- Every 5 VIT: HP regeneration rate +1 (?)
- Resistance vs. the following Status Effects in PVP:
- Poison: -1% chance from being inflicted, decreases duration (exact value unknown)
- Deadly Poison: -1% chance from being inflicted, decreases duration (exact value unknown)
- Freezing: reduces chance from being inflicted, decreases duration by 0.1s.
- Ignition: reduces chance from being inflicted, decreases duration by 0.1s.
- Mode Cold: reduces chance from being inflicted, decreases duration by 0.1s.
- Stun: -1% chance from being inflicted, decreases duration (exact value unknown)
- Effectiveness from healing items +2%
- The calculation to see actual HP increased with every 1 VIT is:
Total HP = [Base HP * (VIT * 0.01)]
- The calculation to see actual HP regenerated naturally with every 5 VIT is:
Total HP Natural Regeneration Rate = [Max HP / 200] + [VIT / 5]
- The calculation to see actual HP healed by healing item:
Total Healing = Base Item Healing Rate + [Base Item Healing Rate * (VIT * 0.02)]
For more information on the subject, see Restoration Items.
- Max HP
- HP Recovery
- Healing Items
- Status Effects
Intelligence: Primary stat for spellcasters, and this is used to increase their MATK and MDEF. Every 1 INT provides the following:
- Status MATK +1.5
- Maximum SP +1%
- SP restoration items effectiveness +1%
- Slightly decrease casting time (about half the effectiveness of DEX)
- Every 2 INT Status MDEF +1
- Increase natural SP regeneration:
- Every 6 INT: +1
- 120 INT or higher: additional +4 (going from 119 to 120 INT gives +5 regeneration)
- Every 2 INT past 120: additional +1
- Max SP
- SP Recovery
- Cast Time
- SP Recovery Items
- Status Effects
- Increased damage of bows, guns, whip and instrument attacks
- +1 status attack damage, +0.5% weapon attack
- Hit (chance to land hit on enemy) +1
- Decrease Cast time
- Every 5 DEX: Melee attack +1
- Every 5 DEX: +1 Magic attack
- Every 5 DEX: +1 Magic defense
- Cast Time
Luck: Each 1 LUK provides the following:
- Critical Rate (enhanced damage, non-evadable attack) +0.3%
- Every 3 LUK: ATK +1
- Every 3 LUK: MATK +1
- Every 3 LUK: Hit +1
- Every 5 LUK: Flee +1
- Every 10 LUK: Perfect Dodge +1
LUK does not effect ingame drop rates, or chances to get a rarer item when killing. It's simply based on in-game percents and not LUK as a stat.
- The calculation to see actual CRIT rate: CRIT = [LUK * 0.3] + 1
- Perfect Dodge
- Status Effects
- Does not affect drop rate
Sub stats are secondary stats which are determined by stats you have (along with gears and abilities).
Attack: Your physical-oriented attack rating for both ranged and melee weapons. It is listed as A + B in the stat window, where A is Status ATK, and B is the ATK gained from your weapon, weapon refinement upgrades, equipment and buffs. Only B is affected by Element, except when using Warm Wind. The status window does not show your total ATK used in Damage Calculation.
Magic Attack: Your magical-oriented attack rating. It's listed as A + B in th stat window, where A is Status MATK, and B is the MATK gained from your weapon, weapon refinement upgrades, equipment and buffs. The entire MATK is affected by Element, and you should be wary of enemy elemental state, as using certain elemental spell will cause you to do either increased/decreased amount of damage, nullified damage, or even causing the opposite effect. The status window does not show your total MATK used in Damage Calculation.
Defense: Your defense rating against physical damage. It is shown as A + B in the stat window, where A is item-based DEF rate, and B is VIT-based DEF rate. The item-based DEF rate cuts damage by %, whereas VIT-based DEF rate is pure reduction with that number. Be aware that the status window does not accurately represent the DEF added by upgraded items. Each + on an upgraded item is shown in the status window as 1 item-based DEF, however damage is calculated with each + providing only 70% of 1 DEF (so 0.7 DEF). This means, if you have DEF listed as 10+5 and enemy just did initial damage worth 80, then you'll receive 67 damage.
Magic Defense: Your defense rating against magical damage. It works similarly to DEF in terms of mechanics. The amount of status MDEF provided is based on the following formula:
- statusMDEF = [Int + Vit/5 + Dex/5 + BLv/4]
The damage reduction for MDEF is calculated as:
- Damage MDEF = [BaseDamage * (1000 + HardMDef) / (1000 + HardMDef * 10)] - StatusMDEF
Each point of hard MDEF also provides 1% resistance to Frozen and Stone Curse statuses.
Hit Rate: Your accuracy rating, which is calculated by 175 + DEX + floor(LUK/3) + base Lv + any other bonuses. There are chance of 80 + AttackerHit - DefenderFlee percentage to make a hit. When dealing with the monsters, the chance is alternated to 100 + PlayerHit - HitRequiredfor100%. HitRequiredfor100% is the value from the monster's table which shows the player's hit requirement for making 100% chance of hit on the monster.
Note: The chance cannot be below 5%.
Critical Hit Rate: Your critical hit rating, which increase damage by 40%. Offensive Skills do not take CRIT into account except for a few exceptions like Sharp Shooting. Critical Hit also ignore Flee but not Perfect Dodge nor DEF.
The critical rate being displayed in the status window isn't the true value which is applied against monsters. The "status crit" is calculated by dividing current LUK by 3 and adding the CRIT bonuses from equips/cards. The real CRIT rate is a little different. Formula : LUK*0.3 + bonuses.
When you attack a monster or a player, the target's LUK influences your critical hit rate. Every 5 LUK that the target has, you lose 1% crit (Which isn't shown in the status window). For example if you hit Angeling, that has 200 LUK, you'll lose 200/5 = 40 crit. This CRIT tolerance is also known as "Crit Shield" on Doddler's monster database.
Critical Hit Rate is doubled when you use Katar-type weapon.
Because of difficulty of acquiring CRIT without sacrificing lots of other stats or useful cards/gears, it is recommended it is used on classes that naturally has fast ASPD one way or another.
Flee Rate: Your dodge rating. It is shown as A + B in the stat window, where A is your AGI + any other bonuses + your base LV value, and B is the chance of doing 'lucky dodge', which can even dodge critical attacks. Make note that no matter how much AGI you have, you cannot have more than 95% dodge rate against anything in the game, however this does not ring true inside WoE Maps, as players can have 100% dodge rate in these maps.
Note: There is a huge penalty to flee when attacked by multiple enemies (over 3).
Attack Speed: It depends on the player's class, equipped Weapon Type, Speed Modifiers, AGI and DEX. ASPD increases Hits/Second exponentially. It has a limit of 190 ASPD or 5 hits per second for non-3rd classes and 193 or 7.143 attacks per second for 3rd classes.
The following are values which while not directly visible in the game on the Status Window are directly measurable and can have just as big an impact on gameplay.
Attack Range is the maximum distance an attack or skill can be made from the player. For most weapons, the attack range is 3. However, If the player attempts to attack while outside of melee range the client will move to range 1. Bows get a range of 5 (Initially) and some special weapons have longer range (Such as the Long Mace). Additionally, all skills have an Attack Range too.
A monster's attack is considered a melee attack if the attacker is < 4 cells away from the target when attacking. A monster's attack is considered a ranged attack if the attacker is => 4 cells away from the target. While, a player's attack depends on the weapon or the skill used.
- Patch (2014 May 21)
- Stats window and equipment window are separated again like they were pre-Renewal.
- Patch (2012 Mar. 07)
- Characters no longer require stat distribution at creation.
- Renewal Update (2009 Jun. 17)
- Stats window merged with Equipment window.