|Resurrection of Surt|
Near ground zero of the destruction.
|Prerequisites||30 Live Coal, 50 Glacial Heart|
|Level||Base Level 80+|
|none||Successor to the Throne|
"[I wish to volunteer.]
Welcome, <name>. I've been waiting for you. I assume our messenger informed you of our situation.
I'll process your application immediately. Please wait.
Now please go speak to Chief Balrog of the Continental Guard. You can find him in the center."
- Being in a party of at least two people is required to enter the field to investigate.
- Completion of Resurrection of Surt is not required to begin the next quest in this chain.
- 200,000 Base EXP
- 1 Continental Guard Certificate
- One of these accessories:
"What? Did you really defeat Surt? How? Do you have any proof of your victory?
Is... Isn't this...? Wow... I think this is really the skin of Surt.
Congratulations, soldier. You just saved this world and people from being consumed by destruction and evil. I guess you seriously wounded Surt and he retreated to a space time gap. No doubt he's trying to recoup his strength. My only regret is that we can't pursue him beyond this dimension. I'm glad, however, that you defeated Surt and kept him from regaining his full strength. For now, anyway...
Our researchers might be able to learn some important new facts from this piece of skin... We need to learn all we can about that monster if peace is to be possible in our world's future.
Once again, I thank you for your distinguished service on behalf of the Continental Guard and the Rune-Midgarts Kingdom. I'll report your great achievement to His Majesty right away.
I've prepared a few things to give as a reward for you. Let's see...
I have three items. Which one do you want to receive?
I hope you keep in mind that our battle is far from over. Our enemy is the king of demons. I fear that Surt will return someday soon. Enjoy your victory, but be ever watchful and vigilant. I will always be here to help and reward you for your service.
You should go rest now. Don't worry, we'll take care of everything else here."
- Patch (2015 Jan. 07)
- The step where the player had to get inside [Dimensional Gorge] has been removed from [Resurrection of Surt] and [Elected Monarch] quests.
- iRO Special Maintenance (2009 Aug. 20)
- Minion bug on Surt is fixed.
- iRO Patch (2009 Aug. 18)
- Bug cropped up where Surt was summoning thousands of his mob in his quest instance.