The Pintados Festival is a special tradition celebrated by the Baryo Mahiwaga tribe outside of Malaya. It's a holy event that has been held since ancient times. During the festival, special tattoos imbued with powerful spirits are etched onto warriors.
Activating the Event
- Talk to the Festival Helper Boy (/navi ma_fild01 179/260) name Isco near Baryo Mahiwaga and help him collect the materials needed to prepare for the Pintados Festival. Once the server collects enough ingredients, the Pintados Festival will begin.
- The server needs to gather the following materials together and give them to the Festival Helper Boy:
- Ask the Festival Helper Boy “How many did you collect?” to find out how many festival materials have been collected.
- Once you’ve collected the items, talk to the Festival Helper Boy again and select “Brought back a lost belonging” to give him the items you’ve found (you can turn in 50x of an item at a time).
- Once all the items have been given to the Festival Helper Boy, the Pintados Festival will begin and will last (on average) 7 Days.
Pintados Festival Tattoos
After activating the Pintados Festival, you can talk to the Tattooist and have him create powerful Agimat Tattoo accessories. The Tattooist can be found near the Festival Helper Boy in Barrio Mahiwaga outside Malaya (/navi ma_fild01 172/223).
- NOTE: ALWAYS select the option “… … …”. Otherwise you’ll interrupt the process causing the tattoo creation to fail, and lose the crafting materials you gave the Tattooist.
Tell the Tattooist “You need a Tattoo”, then choose which Tattoo you want. You have 3 Tattoos to choose from and they each require certain items:
- Bangungot Agimat Tattoo
- Buwaya Agimat Tattoo
- Bakonawa Agimat Tattoo
- The RO Pintados Festival is based on the real-life Philippines event of the same name. The Pintados Festival is a cultural-religious celebration in Tacloban based on the body-painting traditions of the ancient tattooed "pintados" warriors.