You can access the Navigation System via the drop-down menu on the Basic Information window or by using the /navi command. Clicking on the Navigation button in the drop-down menu will bring up the Navigation window. You can then type in the name of the NPC or map you wish to seek out and click the button on the bottom right of the window to activate the arrow display. Then you simply follow the arrows to your destination.
The Navigation System can take you through portals or advise you to utilize the nearest NPC warp so feel free to enter the coordinates of your actual destination. The system will calculate the quickest way to get there whether it's through several maps or with the help of a NPC warp.
Once you reach your destination, a dialogue box will pop up to declare that you have arrived. When you click [Okay], the Navigation System will disengage and close until the next time you use it again.
Every map in RO is laid out in an X,Y graph format with usable areas designated in cells. Each cell corresponds to distinct X,Y coordinates that can be found using the /where command in the Chat Box.
The command format for utilizing coordinates in the Navigation System is
/navi mapname X/Y
where mapname is where you enter the technical name of the map (e.g. izlude for Izlude or mjolnir_05 for Mjolnir Map 5) and X and Y are the number coordinates.
- Be sure to use the slash (/) symbol to indicate the X,Y coordinates. The system will not recognize commas.
- You don't need to re-engage the navigation system every time you change maps. You can simply enter the map coordinates of your actual destination and the system will calculate your route through the proper portals.
- /navigation or /navi (ie. /navigation prontera 100/100 shows the route to coordinate 100, 100 within prontera). This command, by default, will show airship and other transportation routes that cost zeny.
- /navigation2 or /navi2 (ie. /navi2 prontera 100/90 1/1/1 shows the route to coordinate 100, 90 within prontera). The 1/1/1 represents Scroll, Zeny and Airship respectively where 1 makes the navigation show routes that use these items/currency/service and 0 makes the navigation system to not show these routes.
- $$all (shows all entries. Can be categorized by types)
- $$lvXY (Searches for monsters at XY level, where XY represents the monster's level)
- $$lvXY~MN (Searches for monsters within XY ~ MN level range, where XY and MN represents the monster level range)
Dialogue LinksWith the implementation of the Navigation System, links have been added to NPC dialogues to further make use of the tool. Clicking on the link will instantly activate the Navigation System display arrows to send you on your way to the intended target.
NOTE: Only NPCs implemented after the Navigation System update have links in their dialogues. Older NPCs will not have links at all.
Occasionally, you will run into a Failed to set the arrived area! error message when using the Navigation System. There's good reasons for this even though the system doesn't make it clear.
You're too close to the destination cell
- The Navigation System can only activate if you're at least 10 or so cells away from the cell you're going to. (Since if you're that close to it, why would you need to be navigated to it?) Check your location using the "/where" command and compare the coordinates to your destination cell coordinates.
Your destination is a dead cell
- If you indicate a coordinate that leads to a dead cell, the Navigation System system won't take you there (since you can't be on dead cells). A simple fix for this is to adjust the destination coordinates by a digit or two until you indicate a usable cell.
Currently on iRO, the Navigation System does not work on the Dewata maps.
- Patch (2018 May 16)
- The destination notation will now change when you arrive at your destination using Navigation.
- Fixed a problem with some NPCs not displaying properly in Navigation.
- Patch (2018 Jan. 03)
- Fixed error and docking-related malfunctions associated with the Navigation UI shortcut in World Map mode.
- Patch (2017 Jul. 05)
- The navigation data is updated.
- Patch (2017 Jun. 07)
- Navigation is renewed with new functions.
- Overall UI design change
- Sharing / Changing the route guidance icon / Adding the auto minimize function
- Search result screen is now cleaner by changing the search classification method
- Navigation is renewed with new functions.
- Patch (2015 Jun. 09)
- Navigation system update with all the information Episode 16.1 adapted to the reorganization of Prontera.
- Patch (2014 Jan. 07)
- Integration Navigation System to the world map.
- Patch (2012 Aug. 22)
- Navigation data updated.
- Patch (2012 Apr. 25)
- Added 'Help' function in the Navigation System. Click on the 'Help' icon under the Navigation window to learn how to use the system.
- Patch (2012 Apr. 10)
- Fixed an error with map image in Information display window
- Added new commands: monster level, monster level range (ex. $$lv20, $$lv40~50)
- Fixed guide information display where sometimes the information would be displayed off the information display window.
- Patch (2012 Mar. 28)
- Using a guide NPC will now show the route to the destination via navigation system.
- Changed the image for 'Search', 'View Information', and 'Navigate' buttons
- Adjusted the way map names are displayed
- Popup messages for navigation have been added
- Fixed a bug where the navigation system would show wrong information
- Patch (2012 Feb. 08)
- Added Navigation System