Frozen status causes:
- All DEF contributed by items reduced by 50%.
- Monsters Hard-DEF and Soft-DEF is reduced by 50% (round up).
- Any FLEE will be negated.
- Increases your Hard-MDEF by 25%.
- Ignores Steal, Lux Aeterna, Storm Gust, Snow Flake Draft.
- Impossible to move, attack, pick up items, skill usage, sitting, force disconnection, and item usage.
- Armor attribute becomes "Water 1". (175% damage from Wind based attacks, 25% damage from Water, 90% damage from Fire).
The following abilities inflict Frozen:
Frozen can be cured through the following methods:
- Getting hit automatically cancels the effect.
- Priest's skill Status Recovery can undo the effect.
- Swordsman's skill Provoke cancels effect.
- Professor's skill Mind Breaker cancels effect.
- Having high hard MDEF and LUK will reduce amount of time this ailment affects you, as well as chance of being affected.
- One of Battle Chant's random effects removes all abnormal status effects from party members, including Frozen. However it can't remove the frozen status from the Paladin itself since it can't cast any skill as long as he/she is frozen.
- One of Battle Chant's random effects grants 60 seconds of immunity to all status effects to party members, including Frozen status.
- Dispel removes this ailment.
- Mercenary's skill Tender can undo the effect.
- Royal Guard's King's Grace can remove the effect.
- Lauda Agnus removes this ailment.
The following lists ways that Frozen can be prevented: