Monsters are native animals in the world of Ragnarok. Some are passive and do not attack more civilized beings such as Normans and Dwarves. Others are very aggressive towards Normans and would stop at nothing to destroy whatever comes their way. A few can be tamed to become pets or riding mounts.
Many monsters are demons or undead Normans. Care must be taken when faced with these particular monsters.
- Normal - These monsters vary from passive to aggressive individual monsters. Some will assist their fellow species while others will only fend for themselves. These are the most common class of monsters.
- Mini-Boss - These are stronger versions of certain Normal monsters and have the ability to summon mobs of those Normal monsters in order to utterly destroy an unsuspecting adventurer. Though they are very uncommon, much care must be taken in order to avoid mistaking these for the Normal versions. (RO only)
- MVP (Most Valuable Player) - These are unique monsters that only appear once in a while. When defeated, a special gravemarker will mark the place and time of their death as well as the name of the adventurer who slayed it. MVPs will normally respawn an hour after they're killed. (RO only)
- Elite - These are special versions of normal monsters that have much higher HP and thus require a party to take down. These make up the majority of instanced dungeons and only one appears per monster mob outside of dungeons. (RO2 only)
There are 3 sizes of monsters present in the world of Ragnarok Online:
- Large (Big)
Players are, by default, Medium-sized when engaging each other in a PvP environment. However if a character is adopted, they are considered Small-sized. Most Weapons suffer size-penalties against certain sizes, although it is only minor when looking at damage on a grand scale. Generally, the smaller the monster, the bigger the damage inflicted on it. If the monster is bigger, the weapon won't deal as much damage.
There are 10 types (or races) of monsters present in the world of Ragnarok Online:
- Brute (Animal)
- Demon (Devil)
Note: Players are always of Demi-Human type.
Elements are properties that can strengthen, weaken, or nullify attacks when they interact. Every player and monster in the game has an element and, with the exception of the neutral element, every element has both strengths and weaknesses to other elements. (The term "element" is often used interchangeably with "property" and "attribute".)
There are ten different elements:
Champion monsters are elite versions of monsters which give better EXP and drops than their normal versions. They are distinguished by their bigger size (20% larger), much higher HP, and special Champion auras/effects. Unlike mini-boss monsters, champion mobs don't usually have minions.
NOTE: Champion versions of monsters will NOT count towards quest kills.
There are 5 types of champion mobs:
- Armored - Champion mobs have higher HP and defense. They have a green aura. (On iRO, this prefix is localized as Solid.)
- Erratic - Champion mobs heal themselves and Teleport. They have a dark blue aura. (On iRO, this prefix is localized as Elusive.)
- Master - Champion mobs deal huge damage (up to 5x as much) and summon minions to do their bidding. They are colored blue and look as if they're soul-linked. (On iRO, this prefix is localized as Ringleader.)
- Angry - Champion mobs attack way faster and are hard to hit. They appear sort of red color. (On iRO, this prefix is localized as Furious.)
- Nimble - Champion mobs with much higher movement speed. They have a light level 150 aura effect. (On iRO, this prefix is localized as Swift.)
- Patch (2012 Sept. 19)
- Added champion mobs.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Mounts (28 P)
Pages in category "Monsters"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 278 total.(previous 200) (next 200)